• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The new $5 bill

hellbilly04

NAXJA Forum User
Just about what it's worth!

5bux.jpg

LOL..

It's right around the corner.. Imagine that - $100 to fill up our XJ's that get 13 to 18 mpg's. :doh:

Pretty soon, it's not going to be my Grocery Getting anymore..

E

EliasJ123 said:
LOL..

It's right around the corner.. Imagine that - $100 to fill up our XJ's that get 13 to 18 mpg's. :doh:

Pretty soon, it's not going to be my Grocery Getting anymore..

E

Dude, what type of XJ do you drive that gets 13-18 MPG's?????

I get around 10-11mpg, downhill, with a slight backwind (12mpg if i had beans for dinner the night before! :firedevil )

Seriously... I remeber i used to throw $10 in the Jeep and roll all week. Now its like im putting $30 every other day.

tcm glx said:
Dude, what type of XJ do you drive that gets 13-18 MPG's?????

I get around 10-11mpg, downhill, with a slight backwind (12mpg if i had beans for dinner the night before! :firedevil )

Dude,

Right now, I get 14 to 15.5 mpg and about 13 when I wheel, that's with 33's and 4.56 gears (calculated with a gps). With 31's and stock gears, I used to get 15 to 17. When I was stock, I got about 18. But, I drive like a grandma too.

My brother get's 18 to 21 out of his '01 All Stock XJ 2wd (mostly freeway).

Oh yeah, my rig is not running right either. It's running rich. So, I might be able to squeeze another. 5 to 1 mpg out of it after I figure out what's wrong.

E

EliasJ123 said:
Dude,

Oh yeah, my rig is not running right either. It's running rich. So, I might be able to squeeze another. 5 to 1 mpg out of it after I figure out what's wrong.

E

Change your O2 sensor and get the factory one not some aftermarket crap.. Also look into your coolant sensor as well if thats bad it will tell the ECU to run rich or lean..

I run the factory O2 and my stroker gets around 15 right now with my happy right foot.. 4.56's and 33's...

swbooking said:
Seriously... I remeber i used to throw $10 in the Jeep and roll all week. Now its like im putting $30 every other day.
x2 on that im going from upland to hesperia almost everyday in my jeep

Yeah, I only get (and I've been calculating this) 10-11 mpg... Stock gears and 32's (I'm waiting to regear because I want to buy larger tires). Will I see an increase in gas mileage with 4.56 gears and 34's? (I am going to a 17" rim so the tires will be like 33.7 inch diameter)??

Clean-RC said:
Change your O2 sensor and get the factory one not some aftermarket crap.. Also look into your coolant sensor as well if thats bad it will tell the ECU to run rich or lean..

I run the factory O2 and my stroker gets around 15 right now with my happy right foot.. 4.56's and 33's...

It has a new O2, coolant sensor (both sensors are Bosch), new cat & mufffler, new plugs, wires & rotor and a couple of other new parts. It runs constantly between 195* & 200* and only gets up to 210* when I wheel on a hot day.

No one's been able to figure it out.:dunno:
Kyung thinks that I might have too much coolant flowing. And people say that 195* to 200* is fine. I personally think that it has to do with the temp not getting up to 210*. :dunno:

E

I told one of the kids in my scout unit the other day that when I was 16 I remember gas being .89 cents a gallon.

He said "my parents say that stuff all the time, it was 25 cents when they were kids"

Then I reminded him that I was only 16 8 years ago.

Clean-RC said:

Good advise Scott,
also by it causing a rich fuel condition, the cat is next to go.
A pluged cat is a sure power, and gas mileage robber.

I remember Leaving for Montana one winter with $200 for gas AND food.

Made it there and back. Of course I was driving a Saturn :D

Leep said:
I remember when I was a kid having to get gas for the lawn mower. Parents gave me a buck and 5 gallon can and I came back with gas and change.
Dennis,

Your That Old. :eek:

:D

Well with 5.38 gears and 39.5 tires I calced about 16 mpg on my last trip of about 100 mile round trip.

rocknxj said:
I parked my 16 mpg XJ and drive my 35+ mpg Civic. Unlike my wife, my Jeep is always happily waiting for me when I get home.

Yeah, thats why I drive my 30mpg Accord daily

Back