• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tera Flex 1.5 Lift Shackles

dorsalfin

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to hear from those who have or have run Tera Flex 1.5 lift shackles. Yes they are the ones that come with the budget boost. I have new spring packs, so I am going to go with shackles.

- How are they overall

- strong points

- weakpoints

- is there a better shackle for a 2 inchish lift?

thanks

I've got them on my old trail rig(its my son's now).

Pro's- no issues with them, i wheeled them modderately without any problems

Con's- you will have to modify the exhaust tip. I cut mine at the rear hanger and added a cheap tail pipe extension which I put in a vice and "ovaled" it to squeeze into the tight space between the tank and springs.

You can kinda see how I fixed it in this shot.

diffcover4uj9.jpg

I run them on my 2001 Like them a lot. Flexes better than with the stock ones. But did have to move the tail pipe. But well worth it.

thinking of going the same route with teraflex. how about the boomerangs from re?

I have the tera flex shackles and the hit my exhaust as well. I just cut off the exhaust before it and ran it that way for a while. THe only thing I screwed up was that I put the nut on the exhaust side and it melted the plastic in the lock nut. I've since changed the exhaust and welded up a turndown and it is good to go. Another thing before you put any 1.5 inch shackle on you will be amazed how huge they are

Has anyone had their springs wear out due to the shackle? I am in a mix between getting an add a leaf or a shackle to complete my BB. I have heard stories about both, but no one first hand has given me any feedback in regards to the "wearing out" of the spring pack. I am hoping to order a lift this week, and I need to make up my mind, and this is driving me nuts.

thanks

On an already worn leaf pack, both a shackle and an AAL are bad ideas....AALs eventually wear out, because most are a thicker and/or more heavily arched leaf. So, they take the brunt of the weight - eventually, they sag to the same specs as the rest of the leaf pack....

A shackle on a worn/"flat" set of springs will make the pack "frown"...

You will notice that in the pic I was running OME Dakar HD leafs(made in Australia). Absolutly no spring problems with 2 years of wheelin'/DD and weekend bass boat tower.

Back