• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel and tire question

bigred95

NAXJA Forum User
I have a set of bridgestones for the street that i need rims for but i need a little help figuring width of rim and backspacing. The tires are 265/75/16 or 31.9x 10.5.

i have an xj that i am currently installing a RE 5.5 short arm kit on and its obviously going to be my daily driver,and i wanted it to have an agressive looking stance on the street if possible. and i was wondering where i stand on trimming the fenders. any help would be appreciated.

You really only have two options in 16" wheels for your Jeep. Either 16x8 with a medium or standard offset (0 to +15-which will work), or 16x10 with a deep reverse offest (-25 to -44). The problem is, 265's on 10" wheels and medium offest 8" wheels look gay on lifted jeeps! The 10" wheels are too wide for the tire, and the 8" medium wheels don't stick out far enough to look good. If you have factory lower control arms and medium offset wheels with 32" tall tires, you may rub the lower control arms when you turn your wheels all the way...

So I would stay with 16x8 with a standard offset. Just my 2 pennies...

Another problem you have is when you go to a larger tire, 16" is way more expensive than 15"! But I'm sure you got the 265's cheap. I would just look out for some used aftermarket 16's from a Ranger, Explorer or Jeep.

*88jeepers* said:
You really only have two options in 16" wheels for your Jeep. Either 16x8 with a medium or standard offset (0 to +15-which will work), or 16x10 with a deep reverse offest (-25 to -44). The problem is, 265's on 10" wheels and medium offest 8" wheels look gay on lifted jeeps! The 10" wheels are too wide for the tire, and the 8" medium wheels don't stick out far enough to look good. If you have factory lower control arms and medium offset wheels with 32" tall tires, you may rub the lower control arms when you turn your wheels all the way...

So I would stay with 16x8 with a standard offset. Just my 2 pennies...

Another problem you have is when you go to a larger tire, 16" is way more expensive than 15"! But I'm sure you got the 265's cheap. I would just look out for some used aftermarket 16's from a Ranger, Explorer or Jeep.
Total bull,here is 265/75/16's on factory 7" wheels! 8" are ok with no more than 4.5"BS,10" rims are totally WRONG
bump12.jpg

Back