• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding to Rock sliders good or bad

Cruzin Illusion

NAXJA Forum User
I thought of adding a bent piece of tubing to my rock slider to give some additional space between the rocks and the doors. The sliders I currently have are flush to the rockers. Just wondering if this is a good idea or will they get hung up on everything? I was thinking they would come out an additional 2 1/2 inches. Kind of like these:

combo.jpg

Do it, it helps to pivot around things and might save your doors in some places.

100_2365.jpg

I'd do it. I like to use them as a pivot point too. I have door handles to prove that they are worth it.:D

That is a schweet ass rig in those pics BTW.......

This is my rig. You can see how flush the rocker sliders are.
I got the other pictures off the net to show the type of additional tubing I wanted to add.

tb2.jpg

tb1.jpg

80487068-L.jpg

Nice Rig. :thumbup:
I still like the white one too. That thing is hawt .:D Looks like a sleeper to me.

Anyway...
Deffinetly do the tubes. You'll be glad you did.

Haleyes said:
Nice Rig. :thumbup:
That thing is hawt .:D

Anyway...
Deffinetly do the tubes. You'll be glad you did.
X2, what he said. but as nice as your rig is i would be a little more creative than the white one with the metal work, go square tubing or some such thing.

just my $.02

Last edited:
Thanks for the opinions Tony and Aaron. I went out and spent 2 1/2 hours this afternoon building add ons to my sliders. They are primered but still needs to be painted.

100_1960.jpg

cofest_06_11.jpg

Who's the dude in the cargos? I'd swear it's JohnJohn.......and he bought a hat like mine too......sorry, taking inside joke liberties to hijack

I've played about with this idea, too. What kind of stress (leverage-wise) does that add when trying to use a Hi Lift on them?

truckin6382 said:
They are talking about adding to the single rail sliders to make them a double rail, not adding sliders to the rockers.
Guess again.

Cruzin Illusion said:
This is my rig. You can see how flush the rocker sliders are.
I got the other pictures off the net to show the type of additional tubing I wanted to add.

tb2.jpg
What kind of bumper is that.

IntrepidXJ said:
i wouldn't add them unless your rockers are tied into the framerails or a cage. too much leverage for just being welded to sheet metal IMO

If you are talking about Cruzin Illusion's rails, those are Jed's rockers, which are being made by Rusty's now. They are beefy and do tie into the unibody. I used to have them on my 97.

Back