• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Switching factory power windows to manual?

Jeepindreams

NAXJA Forum User
I own two XJ's- an 89 and a 96. The 89 is a Laredo with power windows but the doors on the 96 are completely trashed, by the same token I would like to take the manual window assembly out of the doors of the 96 before I take them to the junk yard. Does anyone know if I will be able to just switch my power window doors of the 89 to manual windows from the 96 and are the doors compatible? Another benefit from this is the extra wind wing on the 89 that they discontinued after 91. Any input would be greatly appreciated, Ian.:huh:

Measure it! You need to know if the glass or better yet the area for the glass is the same. It also depends on how the wing vents are mounted I.E. rivited or pined or screwed on. The rest as in the regulators, should be ok but it will most likely lead to taking both door panels off and inspecting mounting locations from door to door.

Back