• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC Drop Brackets

Tim00XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting Rough Country's control arm drop brackets and have a question for you guys. Would it be worth buying new upper control arms, such as RE's superflex ones, or will the stock ones be ok? I currently have the RC adjustable lower control arms installed. And, incase you need to know, I have the 4.5" lift.

If I remember correctly, at 4.5" of lift and using the drop brackets you can run your stock uppers and they are the correct length. Maybe Jason will chime in on this to confirm. One of the advantages of the adjustable uppers is to be able to adjust your pinion angle if needed.

XJ&TJ4ME said:
If I remember correctly, at 4.5" of lift and using the drop brackets you can run your stock uppers and they are the correct length. Maybe Jason will chime in on this to confirm. One of the advantages of the adjustable uppers is to be able to adjust your pinion angle if needed.
You are correct. Running your stock uppers will be fine

crazyjim said:
Jason, say I'll be running 5.5" or so... would I be ok?

at 5.5" you really should consider getting adjustable arms. You might be able to get by with the stock arms, but it would be just that...getting by.

Will stock uppers work with the drop brackets and 5.5" of lift? Sure. Will your pinion angle be adjustable to reduce driveline vibes and adjust caster? No.

I'd get the adjustable uppers, especially with a low pinion D30 like my 2000 had.

Hope this helps.

Back