• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know Rancho Cucamonga area?

blackhawk411

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone...

My tires getting slashed pretty much confirmed that I really need to get out of this area. (Fullerton, CA). Parking sucks, apartment sucks, management sucks and I have 1 parkingport for 2 of our vehicles. The only advantage is that I live 2minutes away from my school.

So that being said, I was looking for apartments in the area and I foudn some nice ones in Rancho Cucamonga. I'm not too familiar with this area other than the Ontario Mills mall...Anyone know this area? I realize all areas have dangerous zones but in general how is the area? I don't want to live near gangbangers, wannabe gangbangers, pimps and all that junk.

So yeah let me know, I wanna move :looney:

blackhawk411 said:
Hi everyone...

My tires getting slashed pretty much confirmed that I really need to get out of this area. (Fullerton, CA). Parking sucks, apartment sucks, management sucks and I have 1 parkingport for 2 of our vehicles. The only advantage is that I live 2minutes away from my school.

So that being said, I was looking for apartments in the area and I foudn some nice ones in Rancho Cucamonga. I'm not too familiar with this area other than the Ontario Mills mall...Anyone know this area? I realize all areas have dangerous zones but in general how is the area? I don't want to live near gangbangers, wannabe gangbangers, pimps and all that junk.

So yeah let me know, I wanna move :looney:

I live in Rancho, and I know all the bad places, don't ask, just let me know what the address is and I can tell ya pretty much anything you want to know.

I don't want to live near gangbangers, wannabe gangbangers, pimps and all that junk.

In SoCal? Good luck with that. WHere do you go to school, FC or CSUF? Do you realize what your commute will be like for Rancho to Fullerton? You thought parking sucks. Just like ANYWHERE in SoCal each city has their good and bad areas, look around a little more. Try finding a rental house, with the amount of "For Sale" signs in the area you may find something comparable to what you are paying for an apartment close to school.

CSUF. Commute shouldn't be too bad, I used to commute from Temecula to Fullerton everyday. Used to driving, just won't be commuting in my XJ thats for sure. I was thinking near victoria gardens...

karstic said:
In SoCal? Good luck with that. WHere do you go to school, FC or CSUF? Do you realize what your commute will be like for Rancho to Fullerton? You thought parking sucks. Just like ANYWHERE in SoCal each city has their good and bad areas, look around a little more. Try finding a rental house, with the amount of "For Sale" signs in the area you may find something comparable to what you are paying for an apartment close to school.

i think you will find that no matter where you move there will be good and bad areas of that town. sounds like youd be better off renting a house if you can afford it. go over your finances and determin what you can afford for rent and look around that price range. i once rented the bottom of a 2 story house. it was set up like a seperate living quarters so i was isolated from the top floor.(house was built on a slope) so the second floor was actually street level. anyhow, i found it for $350 a month but that was 12 years ago. but it had a shared 2 car garage and lots of outside parking for my sand car, jet boat, work truck, 67 camaro, and a huge shop for all my tools. i just had to keep the place up when things needed fixing. this was on the cliffs of san pedro and was an awsome place as long as you dont mind ALL your stuff rusting from the salt air. ( i will never live on the coast again). apartment living is going to be the same, no matter were you go (with certain exeptions). post what you can afford and you may find someone needing a roomate at a house. or look at your school for roomates wanted. im sure there is a board on campus.

Look for a house to rent. They're not much more monthly than some apts now a days.
Or the Brea lofts on Birch St. Only downside with them is that you live on Birch St and parking is a walk to get to the parking structure but you get assigned spots.
Brea Blvd or St College are great ways to get to either FC or CSUF so I reccomend looking in Brea.

I live at the Ironwood apartments for 4 years, no problems at all ever....not super cheap, but nice and garages were available....

I work out in Upland right next door to Rancho for 5 yrs and love the area. I just cant afford to move out here pretty pricey. But No matter where you go you got your good spots and bad ones. But rancho is nice

I priced a nicer apt 2bdr 2 bath at $1500 a month now im sure you can find cheaper, dependng on location and area

There is signifiacantly more "better" area's in Fullerton then rancho! Significantly. I am Not trying to be rude to those in RC, but its the truth.

Your best bet is to find a place that has a garage. no matter where it is. I have a friend that lives in the ghetho of santa ana and her TJ with a soft top has never been messed with, but she parks in a garage every night.

Back