• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 XJ Rough Idle

CMK4425

NAXJA Forum User
OK I have a 2001 and it is idling rough. So far I have changed the plugs, boots and I ohmed out the injectors which were between 12.0-12.5. Also I am getting a multiple cylinders misfiring code and the code for cylinder 3 and 6. It has 93,000 miles on it and my next step is going to be changing the coil pack. Am I on the right track? I just bought it and I am trying to get it running right. Thanks in advance.

Cant hurt.

There's also a recall out for the cyl 3 misfire. they put a heat shield/wrap to protect the injectors....the injectors get too hot and the fuel is too hot going thru the injectors....if I understand the problem correctly...

im still a newbie and slowly figuring things out the hard way but i just found out last night that my occasional rough idle was due to a slightly blown head gasket...this was after i replaced just about the whole electrical area, TPS, O2 sensors, exhaust manifold and exhaust, and even made adjustments on the throtle body (not recomended)

just thought id throw that in since im still in awe of the news :(

Back