• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle side trackbar bolt - cant get it out

OBXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Still installing my RE 4.5" lift and I'm damn near done with the front end but I cant get the bolt out of the trackbar on the axle end. I got the nut off of the backside but the bolt wont come out. I can turn the bolt (with a good amount of force) and the trackbar tends to want to turn with the bolt but it wont back out.

Anybody have any suggestions or tips?

Pry bar on the back side of the bolt as you turn it.

stinks really bad, but if you are swaping the track bar compleetly out, OXY ACCY torch the rubber so you can see the bushing and get a cutting wheel in there to cut the old frozen bolt. second, soak it in break free then the pry bar behind the bolt as you break it free like goatman said.

thanks for the tips. Ill give the prybar another shot. It's kind of awkward trying to pry and turn but maybe I can corral a neighbor.

try the above, but don't get your hopes up. The bolt is rusted to the bushing sleeve in the trackbar, so when you turn it, you are really just turning the sleeve inside the bushing. I have had to cut out two of these as the rust was so bad that no amount of soaking or prying would get it done... good luck.

Got the same exact problem.

Anyone try to cut the bolt head off and drill out the rest of the bolt?

karstic said:
Got the same exact problem.

Anyone try to cut the bolt head off and drill out the rest of the bolt?

Wouldn't it just spin?

KarlVP said:
Cut the bushing container in half. The round part that surrounds the bushing.

Don't want to do that. Its an Re 1660 Trackbar which I hope to sell.

OBXJ said:
Still installing my RE 4.5" lift and I'm damn near done with the front end but I cant get the bolt out of the trackbar on the axle end. I got the nut off of the backside but the bolt wont come out. I can turn the bolt (with a good amount of force) and the trackbar tends to want to turn with the bolt but it wont back out.

Anybody have any suggestions or tips?

I recently had this issue. I used a angle grinder with a thin cut off wheel. I cut the head of the bolt off flush with the bracket. Then I bent the axle bracket out from the axle just enough to get the cut off wheel between the track bar bushing and the other side of the bracket and cut the other side of the bolt off. Then pryed the track bar out. The bolt was sized inside, I put it in a vice and drove it out.

Back