• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What a differential shouldnt look like when you open it.

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Well I had a few axles dropped off to do gear swaps in, and one I was told (I wont say by who haha) that "wait till you see inside this one".

Well Dont know if he bought it from anyone on this board or where, but daym those Genuine Gears suck. Expecially when theres .09x back lash, and less then measurable pre load on the pinion bearings.

I wonder if it was the set up that caused it or the ring gear let go then the rest just followed, betting it was ring gear or maybe pinion.

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

yeah, thats what the owner wants. I dont know much about the internals of the rubi air locker. But there has got to be a few small pieces of metal somewhere in there. But who knows it might be fine. I would run it my self if it were mine :eeks1:

ROBERTK said:
yeah, thats what the owner wants. I dont know much about the internals of the rubi air locker. But there has got to be a few small pieces of metal somewhere in there. But who knows it might be fine. I would run it my self if it were mine :eeks1:

It's not hard to take it apart and clean it...or at least see if it messed up.

Whew.. Just pulled my front cover with 500 mile old gears.. Glad it doesnt look like that.

i have seen worse. It is in my jeep at the moment until the axle swap.

Back