• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tow package??

dmay1969

NAXJA Forum User
Im tryin to figure out if my 90 xj has the "factory tow package"? It looks to be but i cant tell...new to Xjs. Tryin to figure out gears...tags to rusty.Is there a way to tell if its "factory"?

Last edited:
Take of the rear diff cover. On the ring gear they stamp the pinion and ring gear teeth count. If you are lucky when you remove the cover it will be right there. If not put the trans in neutral, block the front tires, jack up the rear so the tires are off the ground and spin till you see the numbers. When you find the divide the ring gear by the pinion and it will give you the gear ratio. Hope that helps.

also, you can email jeep with your VIN and request a build sheet. it will tell you your gears, tow package, and any other options you have. usually takes them a day or two to get back to you, but i think its worth doing. this let me know mine came with a limited slip rear!

You know what gear ratio you're looking for right? 3.73? :)

Back