• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Caster with Gojeeps method

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
I was trying to do a caster check using Gojeeps method.
I put an adjustable bevel square on two of the bolts for the diff cover and an angle finder on the square flat bottom. The needle is on the left of the ZERO line at 3*. Correct me if Im wrong, but, that is negative caster. Dont I want 5 or 6 degrees of positive caster. My pinion angle is just about striaght with the front drive shaft.
Am I doing this measurement correctly or not.
Thanx for any and all help, maybe this will fix my DW???

Good way to check your pinion angle! I have always had better luck just putting it on a rack so you can get a true reading checking it with caster swing. I would set your pinion angle at around 1/2 to 1 deg and then check your camber.

Did you read this part of his writeup? He's just using that as a reference to correct that castor after lifting.

"This is not the true caster angle as the steering knuckles are at a different angle but they will always be relative to this angle so it is used as a reference point."

Back