• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hatch Latch

97XJ Jeeper

Semper Fi
I am a poet and didn't know it. :D

Well now that it is warming up my hatch latch is acting up again. I have to push in on the hatch and pull the handle real hard twice before it will open. I have adjusted the stops both in and out no difference. It only does it when it gets warm out. I also have lubed everything. Is there a bushing or something that maybe is worn out and in warm weather it gets soft and doesn't function properly?:dunno: I don't know what else to do except start replacing everything and there is no JY in my area that has a XJ so I will have to order new from the stealership or from some where online. Any suggestions.
:helpme:

Well I tore it all apart again and the rod that goes to the latch from the handle is adjustable. It looks like it screws in and out but it doesn't, you have to pop it out and snap it back in new grooves to make an adjustment. Took out all the slack and popped it back into the holder and presto opens easier than ever.

Back