• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bushwacker Hardware

Del00XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Does Bushwacker sell hardware mounting kits for their flares. My "hardware" has seemed to fall out or strip in the last two years. Am I better off just venturing to Lowe's and mixing or matching? Anyone have some spares lying around?

I had the same problem with my bushwackers.... i went to a fastener store, and bought rivets designed to grip at the right measurements, and riveted mine on. Works great, they are tighter then they were when i first installed them. Altogether it cost me around 6 bucks in rivets, and a $25 rivet gun ( I bought a really nice one, you can easily buy a rivet gun for less than $10).

I have a rivet gun here at work that I can snag. I thought about doing that just so they can't ever come off again. May just do that instead.

I really like the fact that they are riveted, just gives some extra piece of mind that I am not losing hardware anymore. Just make sure the rivets you get have the right Grip Range. I think mine were 1/8th inch diameter, with a grip range from 3/4-1 inch. You can get them in stainless, galvanized. or aluminum. I recommend aluminum, they are cheaper, will pop alot easier, and not put too much stress on your flairs, plus they won't ever rust. They work great.

The nice thing about the bushwacker hardware is that it will pull out of the sheetmetal (body) when it comes in contact with something ie: tree/tire.

If you bolt or rivit it...the flare will break...something has to give and I'd rather it be the hardware rather than the plastic flare.

Not true, I have broken the flares before the bolts popped. I would just grab some sheetmetal screws at the hardware store. Or better yet, ditch the crackers.

-Alex

Back