• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird trackbar installation

Slonopotam

NAXJA Member #1358
Hi,

I got myself a RE1660 trackbar. The axle end uses 0.5" bolt, the stock trackbar uses 3/8". I want to make sure this trackbar will work with my lift before drilling my trackbar axle mount. In order to do that, I want to get a sleeve with 0.5" OD and 0.37" ID, get it inside the tube that is already in the bushing.
tbbush.jpg

I might need to file the sleeve a bit, but that's fine with me. This way I will be able to use my stock bolts and leave my mount holes at 3/8". It is not going to be a permanent fix, just to drive around for a couple of weeks, check for binding.

Is the following material going to work for me?
http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?pid=7322&step=4&showunits=inches&id=250&top_cat=197

Thank you,
Andrey

I think that would work out - what are your reservations about using that sleeve?

RE still sells the 10mm sleeves!

JNickel101 said:
what are your reservations about using that sleeve?

What do you mean by "reservations" ?

The idea is to do the test without any irreversible modifications neither to the axle nor to the trackbar.

Thank you,
Andrey

RE1660 trackbar does NOT work with RE 3.5" lift. I swung it around the axle mount bolt and I am confident I need 0.5" more of lift.
RE stated correctly, 4" lift is the minimum this part works with.

Back