• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG A/T's VS. Bridgestone a/t's

nickPRO

NAXJA Forum User
ok.. i have a dillema ..im not sure which one to buy...now i know that alot of people here run the BFG's but there is a price difference of nearly $300 .. are they worth the exra money? i love the look of the bfgs but i can so something else with the extra $300..

heres a pic
24c6teo.jpg

Lots of people swear by BFG ATs, I ran them for years when there were not many other options, Now there are many excellent options available in an AT tire. My first choice in an AT tire is the Perilli ATS, My 2nd choice are the Revos you have pictured, Save $300 & go with the revos. you will be happy!

Personally, I like the Revo's on the left. I have sold both the All Terrain ATs and Dueller Revo ATs, and have seldom heard any complaints about either tire. One thing I can say from experience is that the Revo's ride great on the road and are very quiet. I've put them on a friends truck and I use it all the time going back and forth to Orlando. Another customer told me that he has had better luck getting unstuck wiht he All Terrain's than he did when he had the Revo's.

My personal opinion, if you are going to spend $300 more on the set of All Terrain's, I would grab the Revo's because they are just a higher quality tire all around.

It depends on how much and what kind of wheeling you do. I have the Bridgestone A/T Revos on my truck that does little off-roading and had the BFG's on my '89 XJ (miss it) with 31's that did some mud and some easy trials(I was 16).

Here are the pros of the Bridgestones: 50k mile warranty (I have 30k and they lood brand new), great on dry and wet pavement, good handling (31's on my truck), and quiet.
Here are the cons of the Bridgestones: OK on ice or light snow, clog up real fast in mud and heavy wet snow and basically become street tires.

In my opinion the BFG's are a better tire for off-roading and the Revos are better for street use.

HOUSEDIVIDED said:
It depends on how much and what kind of wheeling you do. I have the Bridgestone A/T Revos on my truck that does little off-roading and had the BFG's on my '89 XJ (miss it) with 31's that did some mud and some easy trials(I was 16).

Here are the pros of the Bridgestones: 50k mile warranty (I have 30k and they lood brand new), great on dry and wet pavement, good handling (31's on my truck), and quiet.
Here are the cons of the Bridgestones: OK on ice or light snow, clog up real fast in mud and heavy wet snow and basically become street tires.

In my opinion the BFG's are a better tire for off-roading and the Revos are better for street use.

My experience as well, except I only got 25k out of my set of revos and 40 out of my BFG. This was not, however, on the same vehicle. and I think a bad alignment ate my revos. IMHO the BFG is a better tire, but I don't know what a tire dealer does. I just know what gets me to and off the trails and has lasted me personally a very long time.

In my opinion the BFG's are a better tire for off-roading and the Revos are better for street use.(quote)

True enough. I've had the older style Bridgestone duelers and would never by them again. That's not to say the Revo style are bad I don't know, but I'm not a person to trust a brand that has let me down in the weather I drive(snow,ice). Being in Florida you may not have to worry about that. Wet traction for any A/T tire is going to be ok.

I've run them both and I got similar mileage out of both of them. I think I got like 5k more on the BFG's. They were ok when offroad and great on road/ Like everyone already stated the BFG's are a little better off-road and may last a bit longer but it is up to you in the end. Just make sure you get the LT revo because they make a metric version as well that won't hold up as well

I have the revo's on my ranger and they work good offroad and are a excellent street tire, Ive got 32K miles on them and have about 80% tread left still and they hook up really well in light mud and snow but clog pretty fast in sticky mud but so did my bfg's. either tire should work out pretty good for ya but a extra $300 in your pocket would be nice too.

I just bought a set of the revos ...I like them so far...I feel a little better now that I've heard good reviews.

not sure of the Revo's, but I like my BFG's. Not a lot of offroading with them yet, but my old 31's worked well when I used them. Granted you wouldn't want to air down and hope not to tear them on rocks (thin wall apparently)
but for everyday driving, winter, lots of road I really like them, and knowing I can get some traction off road is handy too if I want too.

not sure where you got your prices for these, but check out TireRack.com I got my 33x10.5 for a total of $504 I think... 4 of them... was very pleased with that part especially.

i had the BFG at's when they first came out with their new design (and offered a free tow if you got stuck) and they were alright....handled poorly in wet weather and were loud. Since i've run 3 sets of Duelers on two different jeeps and love them. They handle amazing in snow, rain and ice but have also taken my jeep through anything off-road i've been through (including superlift in the rain and flat nasty in the rain)! For me, i wont consider the BFG's after owning both and yes, i realize im the minority on that.
P.S. my duelers have all averaged about 75,000 miles

just throwing out another tire to consider...

grabber_at2_3q.jpg

general grabber at2. almost identical to the bfg's but cheaper. i have them on one of my jeeps and i LOVE them. a few other xj's have them and all have good things to say about 'em.

I have the REVO on one of my xj's and the are great! worth the money, some bfg's arn't round but there still a good tire. I went with the revo's because they drove much nicer on and offroad(especialy towing the quad trailer). Revo also got a nice sidewall.

I want to give another vote for the general grabber AT2, pretty much exact same pattern as BFG without the inflated cost. I will putting on a set once the dunlops wear out.

hello again! i just want to say thank you for your opinions , they really helped!! i am probably going to put on the bridgestones because my xj will be primarily a DD so bridgestones are more of a street tire rather than an offroad tire!! thanks again... can anyone tell me off a pic if i will be able to fit them? 265/70/16
or the 275/70/16
btw allthough the tires are very similar to the revos they are not called that way, i dont know maybe its because its in europe.. they are called bridgestone a/t 694 ? is that what you mean by metric?
pic
sl0mkm.jpg

I have 265/70-16 Dueler Revo's on my DD jeep with 2 inchs of lift on it, they won't fit stock. With 2 inch's of lift they still rub if I flex or hit a hole while going fast enough. I will try posting a picture when I get home, I also highly recomend these tires. I drive up the mountain all winter in the snow and ice to go snowboarding and they have done great. I took them in the mud a couple times and they worked quite well with wheel speed. I like them better than BFG A/T's.

I went with 245/75-16 REVO's and love them. They have gotten me anywhere I was going and once when they didn't, no one made that sand dune regardless of tire.

My biggest thing was I wanted a 16" tire (for my stock wheels) that was NOT load rated E. There are not many options out there and an E rated tire is VERY firm compared to a C load rating. Seems like most 16" tires are for heavier trucks and they will ride rougher.

YMMV. :)

Back