• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Party in SD 9/2-9/4

Jeepsterboy101

NAXJA Forum User
Time: 9/2-9/4
Reason: Have a lot of parts to install and could use a couple extra hands. Main thing that is going on are T&T LA's.

There will be drinks and we'll be bbqing all weekend. There will be space available to work on your junk too. Just trying to give everyone a fair warning. For the address just post up and I'll shoot ya a PM.

Any questions just let me know. Thanks!

-Scott

I'd like to come, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. I'm having people over to booze and grill tomorrow at lunch, so Friday could turn out to be a complete disaster. Saturday is a scheduled boozefest starting at 11....also potential disaster. So maybe Sunday if y'all are still working. I'm in Coronado, so about an hour's drive. I'll try to bring my brother (CKH550) up too, he's got the T&T LA on his rig. Let me know your address and I'll try to make it.

Let me know where you live.
I'm going to be heading into Diego on Sat. to watch the SDSU vs. USD Volley Ball match, so maybe I can head out early...:dunno:
What tools might you need?
Rick R:sunshine:

[/quote]
Brady's XJ said:
I'd like to come, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. I'm having people over to booze and grill tomorrow at lunch, so Friday could turn out to be a complete disaster. Saturday is a scheduled boozefest starting at 11....also potential disaster. So maybe Sunday if y'all are still working. I'm in Coronado, so about an hour's drive. I'll try to bring my brother (CKH550) up too, he's got the T&T LA on his rig. Let me know your address and I'll try to make it.

Are you talking about this weekend or next? Cause this is going down next weekend. Either way I'll shoot ya a PM with the address! Thanks!

Let me know where you live.
I'm going to be heading into Diego on Sat. to watch the SDSU vs. USD Volley Ball match, so maybe I can head out early...:dunno:
What tools might you need?
Rick R:sunshine:

Sending PM. Thanks Rick!

Well No shit! I will be there! haha

Where do you live again?

You can't come. :nono: :kissyou:

Man oh man....I hope it's a WOMEN'S volleyball game.

Jeepsterboy101 said:
Bumping the thread....

Thanks to steagall9301 I have my stiffners on now and everything should be all good for the weekend. Have any questions ask away,,,,,

Why are you so short? - haha, just messing with you. Have you noticed any diff in ride or handling characteristics with the stiffners on?

L8,
Coullt

P.S. I would help with the lift and parts party, but me and the G are going camping/fishing that weekend over at Dixon.

Cherikon said:
Why are you so short? - haha, just messing with you. Have you noticed any diff in ride or handling characteristics with the stiffners on?

L8,
Coullt

P.S. I would help with the lift and parts party, but me and the G are going camping/fishing that weekend over at Dixon.

I didn't eat my veggies when I was younger. :laugh3:

Yea, I have noticed a difference....not sure its a huge one but its there.

No problem man. Just bring me back a fish ha.

Did you make sure that when you ordered your kit you let them know you were adding the stiffners? You will need longer crush sleeves than are supplied in the kit. And depending on the thickness of the stiffners, you may need longer bolts too.

Just a heads up, you dont want a supprise like that after you've cut your lowers off.

Also, I found it easier to install the arms to the belly pan before you do the final install of the pan. Trying to get the bolts at the superflex to 150 lbs/ft was alot easier on the ground. If you have a couple of hands around it wont be hard to lift the pan in place with the arms attached.

A right angle drill with a 1/2" chuck will come in handy as well as a couple of good step bits.

I wish I could make it down there to help, unfortunately my wife planned on me rebuilding the side yard fence this weekend.

Have fun, you can call if you run into trouble. I'll pm you the #

Aaron

Thanks for the advice Aaron. I didn't even think of needing those parts to be longer. Makes sense though. I will call T&T tomorrow in the morning and see what I can do. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Also, I still have that CB attenna if you would still like it. I can ship it up to ya.

Dang if you would have been doing this the any other time I could have came. My B day is September 2nd and my woman and I are going to Vegas for the 3 day weekend. :) :) :)

BTW I think that TNT gives you the longer crush sleeves that you need and if you end up NOT putting on their stiffeners you have to cut them shorter.

fdsa487 said:
Dang if you would have been doing this the any other time I could have came. My B day is September 2nd and my woman and I are going to Vegas for the 3 day weekend. :) :) :)

BTW I think that TNT gives you the longer crush sleeves that you need and if you end up NOT putting on their stiffeners you have to cut them shorter.

No problem man. Happy early b-day. A few friends and I we'll be hitting up Vegas for New Years this year!

And you are right about the crush sleeves. I called Bob at T&T this morning and he said we make them to work with the stiffners. How's your kit holding up? What color should I paint mine? :kissyou: :viking:

Jeepsterboy101 said:
What color should I paint mine? :kissyou: :viking:

Man, im never going to live that one down apparently!!!!!!

I would go with a pink though. That is what everyone suggested, but im a rebel, I went with gray.

Only 3 days til Vegas. =)

We rented a Tahoe to roll out there in so I will be driving that thing like I stole it the whole time.

Back