• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mandrel bender in Oceanside?

Frankensteineken

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know of anyone that can mandrel bend exhaust in the Oceanside area? I need a downpipe made and don't have a welder to piece together my own.

Interesting. How did yours turn out? You have any pictures? Did you buy the mandrel pieces and weld them up?

I went to one exhaust shop with the pipe off the vehicle and asked him to make me one up in 2 1/2", and he gave me the run around and told me it would never work and then quoted me $200 to make it.

Let me know.

I bought prebent 90* sections and cut them up and welded them together. I put a section of flexible pipe in the straight section just in front of the cat. Where the pipe bends down around the bellhousing I cut a pie shaped piece out of each side and made a really tight 90* and then welded pieces back into it to complete it. I may be able to post some pics tomorrow.

My downpipe was in prettybad shape so I ended up buying one from autozone. The factory kink isn't there, but it's crush bent so I would still like to get something else on there.

Frankensteineken said:
My downpipe was in prettybad shape so I ended up buying one from autozone. The factory kink isn't there, but it's crush bent so I would still like to get something else on there.
PM me if you want to fab up a custom piece.

You should consider a Borla Header, very nice mandrel bends, no kinks, no crush. Oh, no cracks, downside is the price, about 5 bills. :(

I bought the autozone one, but also took some 90* and straights to remake it the way I wanted it.

Plasma cutter to cut the pipe and a cheap mig with .23 wire and co2 for shielding. It was my first exhauast project and it came out ok. I will just tear it off next time Im in the rocks.

KH

Jeeper John, PM inbound.

I don't think so on the Borla. I got the APN header, just didn't want to drop $500 on a header. It would be nice if someone offered a mandrel bent downpipe to work with the stock manifold of short aftermarket headers.

Back