• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy inner shifter boot for a manual xj??

_MURDERED OUT_

NAXJA Forum User
I desperatley need to find where to buy the first or inner shifter boot for my 93 5spd xj. Not needing the top rubber boot that you can see from inside, there is another boot that is screwed to the floor underneath the console and that is the one i need. Anyone know?? I guess i will have to check with the dealer if nobody has any ideas....

I'd try a junkyard or pull-it-yourself type of place. I doubt the dealer is going to have one, or if they do for a price you can afford. Unfortunately I just threw out out a few months ago.

It's something that needs to get swapped out when doing a tranny swap, so maybe someone has one laying around. Maybe try posting in the wanted/for sale forum, or pm some of the folks asking about swapping in an automatic in place of a manual.

i was searching and found this part number: 52104079AC. What is this boot?? inner or outer??

Unfortunately, there are very few new ones available. I had to call around to the five dealers in the country that had new ones in stock (mine is a '94 and is the same inner boot part number as yours). It was the hardest part for me to locate when I was completing the restore about a year ago. I finally was able to convince one of the dealerships in Maryland to ship his last one to me (many thanks). The inner boot tears with age so while you can check the junk yards, I wouldn't be too optimistic that you'll find a good one.

Your local dealer can tell you what other dealers may have one in stock (via their parts locater) and you'll have to start calling around. Otherwise, you can make one using some rubber stock. It shouldn't be hard to make one, it just won't be 100% stock ... but no one will see it.

Back