• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fox 2.0 valving question

jonn

NAXJA Forum User
i am looking into getting some new fox 2.0 shocks. i searched but didn't see any information on valving. is there anybody using them front and back? if so what did you get them valved at for your xj. also could someone explain what the numbers mean. which number is the compression and which number is the rebound? does the higher the number mean stiffer/slower.

thanks

First number is compression, second it rebound.
For Fox shocks #30 is the least resistance, where #90 is most resistance.

As for valving for your vehicle, what are the specs? Call Fox or an intelligent Fox dealer, they should be able to get you on the right track.

I'm going to be running 12" 2.0 Remote Resi's valved 60/40 in the front, but it'll be awhile before they get tested (should be at my door this Friday hopefully) and it won't really be close to stock form of a XJ either. I do expect to have to monkey with the valving after a few runs once they are in as well.

Last edited:
I have the fox 2.0 res. that are valved for the TJ up front and I am very happy with them. On road and off the valving seems perfect with my RE 5.5" springs. I havent done the rear yet, not sure what valving to run for varying loads of stuff that I cary back there from time to time. So for now the Rancho 9000XL's are doin a decent job.

thanks for the info. i talked to a fox dealer and he recommended 60/45 for the front. My xj has a six inch lift with 35s i told him i do a little bit of everything with my xj but mostly wanted a smooth ride when i drive fast on rough forest roads.

what did they suggest for the rear?

PM'd you

Back