• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powertrax No slip or Trac-lok

2000XJSPORT

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee and I wanted to add a limited slip to my Chrysler 8.25 rear axle. It has the 29 spline and currently it is an open diff. I wanted to see what input I could get on the PowerTrax No-Slip Traction System. I wanted something that is easy to install since I do not want to mess with ring and pinon. I was thinking of just going with a Mopar trac-lok and getting a pro with all the right tools to install it, but the Powertrax kit seems to catch my attention and I would like to do it myself.

Anyone have this? Is it as easy as it says to install? I did a search, but most of what I found did not seem to answer this.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/76104_814.htm

The No-Slip is not a limited slip. It is a locker.

But they are very easy to install.

Thanks. I will check out that website. Any other info on install advice would be appreciated. Instructions can only tell you so much, usually when people install something they learn a few tricks. Thank you so mush for the info so far.

Alex

Frank Z said:
Just make sure you follow the instructions to the letter.

actually, ignore parts of the instructions. i installed mine not too long ago, and i found several bugs in the instructions, one of which caused my jeep to kick my mom's mall crawler outta the garage for the night... oops. anyway- when the instructions say front of the vehicle, they really mean back, and vise versa. in a picture it shows the coupler's with thrust washers on them. don't put them on. it's designed to be used without them and won't fit with them on. otherwise they're ok.

in terms of operation, i love it. does what you want it to when you want it to very predictably and i have less than 1000 miles on it too. i've heard of traditional lunchbox lockers taking thousands of miles to break in but this one seemed to be pretty much fine right after install. porc has the best prices on the locker and shipping, if you're interested. i got it for 383.XX shipped to MA.

I have a 2000 XJ with a 4.5" lift with 33s with 4:56s with the same rear end and with the no slip locker I sugest taking it to a garage thats if u dont know what u are doing. I like the no slip locker its more street friendly.

Back