• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How can I check TPS?

OverTheHillsATTW

NAXJA Forum User
So I put my 89 I6 pioneer on the road this week. I welded up a new cat, muffler and tailpipe. Changed the Batt. terminals and vaccum lines. Replaced worn TRE's. Now the most frustrating question a NAXJA user has heard but I have to ask because I really don't know how. I need to know how to check my TPS. I'm having weird idle problems and somtimes no idle at all when i'm stopped. I'm thinking the TPS is the sensor connected to the throttle body with 4 pins? If im wrong this is why im asking. I have an old Jeep Manual that says checking the TPS can't be done by a backyard mechanic and should be taken to the dealer. I know I need a voltage meter. After I check it how can I adjust it? Or should I purchase a new one? I did search but I'm still foggy on how to actually locate it and check/adjust it. :helpme: !!!1

Back