• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crazy thought but it would add drama.

90xj06

NAXJA Forum User
you know in Jurassic park when they put the lights on the jeeps on and the make that dramatic "thung". is it any way possible to do that really?

sounds like a typical hollywood sort of thing, like exploding bullets and all computer keyboards making that neat clicking sound. Perhaps you could arrange to have your lights run on AC, and run it through a big step up transformer, and then through a big step down transformer. That ought to do it. Otherwise, I think you'd do better to set up a little electronic circuit that would make a nice "thung" sound you could pipe through your stereo.

Matthew Currie said:
sounds like a typical hollywood sort of thing, like exploding bullets and all computer keyboards making that neat clicking sound.

I too have that same annoying keyboard. The good thing is that I can be typing replies to NAXJA, and my boss hears me doing work.

How about recording that keyboard sound and playing it in a loop with an Escape from Alcatraz mannequin in the chair? My "boss" would never know. That actually reminds me of the time my friend would call me a lot to chit chat and I recorded myself saying "uh huh" and played it back over the phone. He never knew.

Matthew Currie said:
sounds like a typical hollywood sort of thing, like exploding bullets and all computer keyboards making that neat clicking sound. Perhaps you could arrange to have your lights run on AC, and run it through a big step up transformer, and then through a big step down transformer. That ought to do it. Otherwise, I think you'd do better to set up a little electronic circuit that would make a nice "thung" sound you could pipe through your stereo.

I say turn the dome light into a Tesla coil.... even more dramatic than the "thung"

Matthew Currie said:
Otherwise, I think you'd do better to set up a little electronic circuit that would make a nice "thung" sound you could pipe through your stereo.

Funny stuff!!!
That reminds me of a gadget from that wonderland of auto accesorizing known as J.C.Whitney. Many,many years ago they were selling a sound generator that was supposed to simulate "peeling out". Impress your friends! It had a speaker to mount near your rear tires. I guess you could install the operating button in place of your nitrous control.....Anyway,I was only a kid when I saw it and even then I thought why not just save your money for something that will actually make your tires spin!

JC Whitney also has the turbo blow off simulators and NOS purge simulators. Gotta love the modern technology.

After building my buddies race engine in high school, we recorded the break-in and about a ten minute lopey idle with open headers.
We then would go cruisin' and play the tape in my '83 accord that had lots of speakers and amps and a pair of 15"s.
On one side was a 20 minute, 2500rpm assault on the ears and the other side was 10 minutes of lope.

Oh the looks we would get, cruisin' through sonic and at stop lights.:wow:
When the speed on the street would pick up, I'd flip the tape over and it would sound like we were in first gear at 2500rpm.

This thread has now been nominated
icon10.gif

Back