• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what rear shock bushings are you using?

The_Big_D

NAXJA Forum User
just wondering if everyone here is using OEM rear lower shock bushings or what they are using (where the shock bolts to the axle) i have rusty's shocks on and am using OEM bushings in the lower eyes but they seem to be too loose in the lower eye and you can grab the shock in your hand and twist it and actually wiggle the shock around on the bushing and bang it off the inner side of the mounting bolt... there i also a audible clunk in the rear of the Jeep on bumps and this is what i figure is making the noise...

any input?... should i get a set of new OEM bushings or is there something else that would do the job better?... is this wiggle because the stock ones are worn or is the bushing a little too small for the rustys shock eyes?

thanks

You can get poly shock bushings at any parts store for a few bucks. Ordinarily I'm not a fan of poly, but in this situation it would work fine for you. Look in the performance parts section.

yyah thanks guys, i'll have to check into a set of them...

and Blaine... did your rusty's shocks come with bushings in them or did you specially order them at time of purchase? because mine needed to reuse them OEM bushings.

Back