• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

limiting bar or 98 door

Hoss in IL

NAXJA Forum User
Does the tapered pin that goes through the limiting bar (the piece that keeps the door from opening, is that what it's called?) get pulled out or do I have to cut it out? I messed with it a little trying to tap it out with a hammer and punch but it seemed like it only went so far up and then the whole bar would jump up and the pin quit going any farther. I searched a lot of the threads but didn't see it and xjfanatic's web site is blocked from my computer.
Thanks, Hoss

i wedged a flathead between the piece that limits the door swing and the top of a bracket (keeps it from moving), then i tapped on the pin with a hammer. It will come out, it just takes a little work.

Dont lose the little piece or hut the door without it in. It is a pita to get the limiting rod back out of the door after you smash it in

Back