• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swapped a 242 out for a 231, now no 4x4 dash indicator light

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
OK I searched the crap out of this before I did the swap(s). I took the 231 from my old trail rig(that I'm giving to my son) and swapped it into my new trail rig that had the 242(which is now in my old trail rig). Both XJ's are 96's with 4.0/AW4. I swapped the cases and linkages and all of that went easy, just a few hours work. Everything plugged right in.

But now I do not have any dash 4wd indicator lights on either one. Is there something else I need to change, move/add a bulb. What is missing?

Thanks, there is more work to be done! Something else I did not realize is the shifters are gated differently, that means the center consoles have to come out and the shifters need swapping. I won't worry about the lights on the trail rig but I would like to get them working for my kids Jeep since he will be a new driver.

One thing leads to another!

Back