• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 RE LIFT ALIGNMENT QUESTIONS

MYRZ98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am done with install and have had many lifted trucks,this is my first XJ lift, will try to get photos on later ,love the lift, rides nice with 32x11.5 bfg mud terrains. My question is after Midas aligned it to RE's specks the steering is a little wandery for lack of a better word, front end is tight ,do any of you have 4'' and above lifts with perfect steering after lift or do I just have to live with it. I read online the "y" type steering on these is real sensitive to caster .Should I try another alignment, here in central Illinois I dont know of any good 4x4 shops to take it to. Thanks for any input.

What does the T link look like, is the tie rod running from spindle to spindle as a straight shaft and the steering connected closer to the pass. side knuckle? I've wandered why they do this Y type, it looks overly complicated,why put the joint towards the center? Factory handling I suppose.

Most of your problem is lift height,do some DB's or LA's then come back with any leftover alighnment issues!

My jeep does the same thing, I just learned to get used to it. Im going to try to get a T link set up and junk the stock y link style. Im leaning towards the JCR one ton tight now.

Mine wandered a little but I just dealt with it until I got currie's correctlync. It is alot tighter and alot stronger. It is also less likely to have tie-rod roll like some of the 1-ton set-ups are prone to

Wandering is usually caused by a loose trackbar or during an alignment; the degree of caster is set too low. Caster is generally set at 5-7*.
As for upgrading the steering components; I went with the Currie One Ton steering system and was amazed at the difference from the stock components.

Back