• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone change UCA bushings?

If an air hammer does not work try my "last resort" method. With a balljoint press literally force the inner metal sleeve and some of the attached rubber out. Now take a sawzall and cut through the rubber and the outer metal sleeve of the bushing (or hacksaw, just take off the blade, feed it through the hole and re-attach it). Make two cuts, visualize the outer sleeve as the letter O, and make the O a C with tow cuts. With a hammer and punch force the small part of the sleeve out, then repeat on the larger sleeve.

I hope I make sense.

You can purchase the bushings at almost any autoparts store for about $20 for the set.

Recently replaced mine while installing the RE Drop Bracket kit. Used the C clamp from a balljoint removal kit (can be purchased a Harbor Freight) and a couple pipe sleeves cut to fit around the outer circumference of the bushing, and use the C clamp to press out the bushing and press in the new one.
Apply a little lubricant on the new bushing to ease the installation.
Like others have recommeneded.... Use PB Blaster to loosen up the rust.

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
all i need is to get a ball-joint press thanks all!!

food for the mind, a quality balljoint press will give you trouble free operation on bushings, balljoints and ujoints.

i went through three screws and once the C senction bent i bit the bullet and asked for my father's snap-on press. its older than i am and has seen many years of abuse.

im not saying go out and spend 300bucks on a press. just shop smart and fill your need comfortably

Back