• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seats

I really want to get some Summit sport seats, they are $200 each, but the have great side bolsters to hold you in, are tilt/recline, and come in camel tan to match my interior.

I think the not for daily driver thing is because the seats are designed to use 4 and 5 point belts and not the factory belt. Factory lap/shoulder belts would have to go over the side/corner bolsters and because the bolsters are so high, the factory belts won't hold you in as they're designed to. That Mastercraft recliner looks like it'd work though, but over $500!!!! Yikes.

Maybe?

Also,suspension seats are deeply bolstered making your normal in/out routine a bit more complicated.Wouldn't give mine up for anything though(other than theyre so comfortable I keep thinking I might fall asleep driving one day)

I use my Mastercraft Rubicon seat with the factory belt. My shoulders are higher than the seat bolsters, so the belt fits the same.
I found the fabric to be rather weak. The areas exposed to sun are literally crumbling apart(UV damage I suppose), while the other parts look good as new. Warrantee returns are probably what they want to avoid ? ?

see this is the stuff i like to hear . from actual owners .... see my leather ones in the limited are cracking on the leather and the mounts are crappy . so since i am building it up would like nice seats i suppose

I thought about those Mastercraft seats, but the Spokane, WA popo say you can't have 5 pt belts because they are not DOT approved. So I figured I would just save them for when the heep gets promoted to "trail only duty". Right now I'm using 04 Grand Cherokee cloth seats.... way better then the tired 97 ones.

Back