• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Spring Orientation? argh....

Lincoln72

NAXJA Forum User
Installing a RC 4.5 kit with new spring packs in the rear. Here is the question... The stock springs came out with the large end forward on the drivers side, and the large end aft on the passengers side... does it matter? Reason I am asking is that the NEW packs have a "wedge" axle shim in the center of the pack, and I would make sense to have the "wedge" pointing forward to raise the differential towards the TC. Inorder to do this I would need to have both the NEW spring packs large ends forward. Anyone have any experience with this kit? Please Help!!! I have the back end in the air and would love to get it down soon! Thanks a milliion.

Mine were both large eye forward, pretty sure they all were.

Cant explain your current springs,but they only fit one way because of the center pin offset!

Lincoln72 said:
The stock springs came out with the large end forward on the drivers side, and the large end aft on the passengers side.
somebody has already messed with your XJs suspension, because the large ends (main eye) are supposed to be at the front! The small end gets the shackle, the large end gets the fixed mount.

Back