• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I should have been there....

Jump This

Just another minion!
Could have went to either the Cleghorn run or the JV run.....
Had planned on running out to Johnson Valley...
Instead...I stay home. My son is coming back for a quick
break after mid-terms, so I decide to be the good dad and hang around
so we could spend some time together..
Who was I kidding?
He gets home Friday and he and his buds proceed to take over
the garage. They are putting in a lowering kit into some Chevy truck.
(embarrassing I know, but they had it in the garage before I knew exactly what was up!)
He hangs for dinner (Tacos, his choice) then he is gone..
He doesn't get home until 9 this morning...sleeps a couple of
hours and then is off to the pool..

I could have been there to help....(help or at least laugh at Mike in person!)
But instead I waxed the wife's car...

:smsoap:

What a good husband (and father). haha

I remember those days. Coming home on leave and walking in the door dropping my stuff off and going to my buddies house. Looking back on it.......not the best of moves.

um..... might have one or two. they are looking so sad. but youve seen my place, its not worth washing em. :doh:

Yup. You should have been there.:twak:

Hey Rick,

Did you tell him that you wanted to hang out with him?? I know when I was his age, I did the same thing and didn't know that my dad wanted to hang out.. That's until he said, "Let's hang out.. Let's bbq.".... I was like, "Oh, cool. I didn't know that he wanted to hang out."

Just a thought... For all I know, you could have told him and he just stood you up.. DOH!!!!!. In that case - :twak:

E

EliasJ123 said:
Hey Rick,

Did you tell him that you wanted to hang out with him?? I know when I was his age, I did the same thing and didn't know that my dad wanted to hang out.. That's until he said, "Let's hang out.. Let's bbq.".... I was like, "Oh, cool. I didn't know that he wanted to hang out."

Just a thought... For all I know, you could have told him and he just stood you up.. DOH!!!!!. In that case - :twak:

E

Its not like we didn't get to spend any time together. He is a good kid and he makes sure that he gets quality time with mom, but I'm just the dad.
:D
Yesterday afternoon we got together and went out to Font's Point and fired up the BBQ and watched the sun set and the moon rise, after that he was gone again!

But if given the choice....I'd rather have gone wheelin'

Hay Rick, i forgot to show you my appriciation for the help you gave Me on MY junk!! that was some EXCELENT and HIGH QUALITY help too!!!!!:smootch:

Jump This said:
I'm sorry Troy...I don't work on Chubys...

hay, i take offense to that!!

:laugh3:

Jump This said:
Its not like we didn't get to spend any time together. He is a good kid and he makes sure that he gets quality time with mom, but I'm just the dad.
Yesterday afternoon we got together and went out to Font's Point and fired up the BBQ and watched the sun set and the moon rise, after that he was gone again!

But if given the choice....I'd rather have gone wheelin'

Gotcha..

In that case, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE... :twak:

:laugh3:

E

Back