• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake job ?

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
i know it should be a tech thing, but i need to know where i can find a part local.

i need the parking brake strut or link spring for a rear D44

DSC01686.jpg

i purchased a overhall kit but this spring is not included. the guy at Autozone looked for like 30 minutes and couldn't find it anywhere. HELP ! ! ! any suggestions on where to find the lil booger ?

Seems like every spring kit i've ever purchased has had one of those in it. Try somewhere other than autozone tomorrow. Might have better luck with a different kit? :dunno:

Blkxjkrawler said:
Seems like every spring kit i've ever purchased has had one of those in it.

you'd think huh ? go figure. guess i'll try the usuall places tomorrow morning. :smsoap:

i'm just extra frustrated cause my tranny's slipping in the dodge so my jeeps been the daily driver for the last week. i go to do a simple break job and well.....nothing is ever easy is it. aaaaarrrg!!!!! :smsoap:

Take the spring with you to a Small - Home Town parts store. The big chains are really geared towards A & B items. A small store will have all the misc. stuff.
A lot of the kits these days are slightly incomplete. The packagers are of the mind that close is good enough.

I had to order those from the dealer, no-one local had them.

Two words... Wrecking Yard...:thumbup:

mopar440 said:
Two words... Wrecking Yard...:thumbup:

Yeah, but if the yard has an XJ D44 with the spreader bar/spring attached, I'm buying the entire axle.

It's not the same part as the one in a D35.

Gotcha... missed that part...:speepin:

mojojojo said:
whats it worth to ya to grab a cpl and drive down to portland tonight ?

:laugh3:
Hmmmm...$.50 springs, and $200. in fuel? I'm pretty sure you'll have better luck there-try a salvage yard?
Edit...didn't read the pevious last couple posts, glad to hear you're runnin again..

Back