• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vibration with a/c on

FL. 2001 XJ

NAXJA Forum User
with a/c compressor on I have vibration at idle.
This is the first jeep I have owned! Is this normal? The jeep has new enigne mounts, but they are after market mounts. Before I spend the money on oem mounts, I want to know if any one has any suggestions.

If your getting a lot of vibes with the AC on, I'd suspect your compressor is going out. When running, put your hand on it. Do you feel it too?

It could be the electric fan too, since it also operates with the A/C. It is possible one of the blades is chipped or what not to make it spin unevenly, creating a vibration.

Thanks for the replies! The first thing I checked was the fan, I un-plugged the fan vib is still there. I can duplicate the vibration with with vehicle idleing with the throttle slighly compressed about (750-800 rpm) even with a/c off. Suspected motor mounts but, they are brand new. They are after market mounts! I looked at oem mounts and they have hollow centers. these are solid.

it could be that your aftermarket motor mounts are poly instead of rubber like the stock ones, poly is stronger and will last longer but transmits more vibes to the unibody

Thats what my thought was! I am going to install new mounts in the next week or two. This is not that big of a deal, just kind of annoying.
Thanks for all replies!

Back