• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

uniframe damage. how much is too much?

sharq

NAXJA Forum User
i bought a '93 2 door. its previous owner hit someone with it and it had a bunch of damage but it looked like it missed the uni. i took some measurements from the lower control arm bracket to the opposite hole in front of the leaf spring mount. one side was about 1/2" to 3/4" off from the other.

is this damage significant at all to make much of problem? if so, whats the easiest(cheapest) way to correct the misalignment?

tigerShark said:
i bought a '93 2 door. its previous owner hit someone with it and it had a bunch of damage but it looked like it missed the uni. i took some measurements from the lower control arm bracket to the opposite hole in front of the leaf spring mount. one side was about 1/2" to 3/4" off from the other.

is this damage significant at all to make much of problem? if so, whats the easiest(cheapest) way to correct the misalignment?

They did one on "trucks' last week or two, had it on a portable rack and I seem to remember hearing up to 1/2" was within specs when they measured from corner to corner, don't know if that helps. The rack was kind of cool the way it pulled that nose back out.

As long as the frame is not kinked , most likely it can be pulled. being it is a unibody it should be set up on a frame rack and clamped down for pulling. You should also get a frame spec print out and compare measurements, lenghts and cross mesurements , this will also show sway.
As far as beign in spec its +-3mm roughly a little more than an 1/8th inch.
If you need the specs i can print and send them to you. I dont want to post them for copyright crap. just let me know.
Hope this helps.

Back