• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake upgrade d44 swap??

CV95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
whats up guys, Im about to get myself into a dana 44 swap front and rear, and was wondering about the brakes. They have discs all around, and from what it looks like, the hard lines on the axles will bolt right up to the stock cherokee brakes, Ive still got the stock master cylinder, but I do have stainless steel lines front and rear. do you think I will be ok? or should I start planning to swap a new master cylinder in? anyone have any experiences with this?

and one more thing, I need to route airlines for the arb's, does anyone know a good site online for air line/ fittings and stuff. Id like to set it up the way xjjeeper did.

my front 44 and rear ford 9 bolts up, and used the stock MC, and I love it...

While your at it, and raise the shock perches up slightly, all well documented on this site.

never a bad idea to go ahead and put new hardware (pads, rotors, pins, etc) on there before you get it all together. It'll save you the trouble of doing it twice.

[quote/] would upgrade the ms/booster to a 96+. when I swapped to a 9" and D44 I couldnt stop the thing.
these are going under my 97 so Im good their, and the axles have relatively new pads and rotors, that are all in pretty good shape, so Im assuming Im good to go? Should the brakes work better than stock (being disk in the rear?)

also anyone know a good site for airlines / fittings stuff?

yea, it'll be a lot better with rear disks. you should be good to go then.

go ahead and get a couple of bleeders in case you break one.

Back