• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help before a trail run this weekend

Tommy4949

NAXJA Forum User
I bought the Detours BackBone for my winch and for front recovery points. I haven't put it on yet, (too many more important projects going on... hmm, GF). Anyway, it didn't come with the (4) "L" brackets for mounting the factory bumper like it shows on their website. I don't have the time to put it on just to find out I can't attach the bumper back on with factory brackets or something I can pick up at the hardware store.

My question is, can the factory brackets be used to reattach the bumper with the backbone system? Is there something else I can pick up at the hardware store to use?

Thanks, I have to start on this early tomorrow if I want to get it done in time, so I really need some help ASAP.

I think everything is supposed to go back together as normal after the backbone system is installed.

But really, who cares about the damn bumper? I'd think the front recovery points + winch mount would be much more important for your upcoming trail run.

Blaine B. said:
I think everything is supposed to go back together as normal after the backbone system is installed.

I'm just going by the instructions on their website. The instructions that came with it was just a 1"x2" photo-copy of the winch mount lying on the ground with a list of the bolts and where they go writen in with a pen. No other instructions were included.

Blaine B. said:
But really, who cares about the damn bumper? I'd think the front recovery points + winch mount would be much more important for your upcoming trail run.

In NY, you have to have a front bumper. Plus it is about an hour and a half ride to the trail. Plenty of time to get spotted by law enforcement.

I re-used the stock bumper brackets, goes together like it's supposed to be there. still luvin it

Tommy4949 said:
I'm just going by the instructions on their website. The instructions that came with it was just a 1"x2" photo-copy of the winch mount lying on the ground with a list of the bolts and where they go writen in with a pen. No other instructions were included.

In NY, you have to have a front bumper. Plus it is about an hour and a half ride to the trail. Plenty of time to get spotted by law enforcement.
run it without the bumper, if you get pulled over say a trooper backed into it and your going to get a new one. :laugh:

In VA bumpers are not required by the state police so I run my Detours on my trail rig without the bumper. I plan on building a bumper this summer.

Mine came with the brackets but even after cutting the bumper I still could not get them to work properly. On my old trail rig I made brackets.

My old trail rig;

spacers2ye4.jpg

Back