• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weber 38 dges carb jet settings on 3.4

86wixj

NAXJA Forum User
I am running an 86 xj, with a swapped in 3.4 from 95 camaro, and have installed a weber 38 dges ( kit k491 ). The kit came with these jets, idle/.045, air/.195, main/.142. Engine ran lean and stumbled. I bought several flavors of jets to enrichen mixture and find happiness with the following: idle/.065, air/.190, main/.145, and, idle jets are one turn out from stop, and, throttle adjusting screw is turned in about 1/2 turn from contact. I also ground a bit off the fast idle adjustment lever so that the idle would step down a bit as engine warmed up ( but that is a bit tricky, don't want to take off too much ).
I also installed the throttle kick vaccum activated device from the rochester original carb from the original 2.8 that was in this vehicle, to give it a push if running the air conditioner, or, as in my case, also wired it to a switch on my dash so I can send power to it and turn it on if desired, and set it to run at 1000 rpm with no load. If anyone is using similar engine and carb setup would be interested to hear what jets you are using.

Back