• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift questions

97Jeepers

NAXJA Forum User
i just installed a pair of the HD rear springs (up country) from quadratec. I want to eventually do a 4.5" lift. Where is the best place to start regarding the lift, is the Rubicon Express kit good even though it has 1.5" blocks? Or should I start over with new spring packs?

Just some imput would help

thanks

your best bet is going with new spring packs. Kinda sucks that you just bought new Up Country springs though. I'd shy away from blocks, and by the looks of those RE blocks, they're all hollowed out, not very good at all IMO. Blocks add to spring wrap problems, and AALs tend to generate a stiffer/harsher ride.

If you plan on upgrading as you go the blocks and AAL arent the worst thing you could do. I ran a 2 inch steel block and 2.5 AAL and it held up just fine for over 2 years countless wheeling trips and 50k without much sag at all. I'm now running 3.5 rusty's springs and a teraflex shackle. On road not a much of a difference, offroad it really only hurt me a few times on hill climbs where axle wrap got me. If you go through a place like www.jeepinoutfitters.com you can upgrade the arms to adjustables and be less than the kit with fixed arms and full packs. Then try to find a deal on some used springs on the forum or locally and you'll be good to go

Talk to GRIMUS99XJ he is a Rough Country Rep and has good deals for members and forum users. Altho I would go with full leafs but since you just bought a new pack maybe the cheaper FULL AAL would be okay.

Back