• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ front axle

broqenjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I've read lately about changing out the steering arms to put in the dual piston calipers. Would'nt it be easier and better to swap the entire axle out for one from a WJ. Then you'd have the upgraded brakes and correct me if I'm wrong, a high pinion D30. BOLT IN

You'd be stuck with inferior axleshafts (CV joints)...and I dont know that the bracketry is all the same on a WJ.

The front drive shaft on a WJ attaches differently than on your XJ at the pinion as well. Hopefully it would be as easy as swapping the yolks out.

is that the yellow part of the axle? :D

The biggest henderance would be the low pinion of the WJ dana 30. Dealing with the flange yoke on the pinion would be an easy swap.

The other thing would be the need to re-drill the unit bearings and rotors to match your wheels. But thats what spacers and adaptors are for.

Actually some of the guys around here run the ZJ cv axles up front with lockrites........they do ok, but when they blow, the ball joints stay intacked.

It means its probably not a bolt in...like I said before, I think the bracketry is different...

Back