• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

12V Power Outlet Doesn't Work

bclava730

NAXJA Forum User
I tried to charge my phone yesterday and figured out the 12v Power Outlet doesn't work on my 2000 XJ. The Cigarette lighter works though. I checked the fuse and it looked alright, any suggestions about what else could be wrong?

Thanks

Did try having the ignition in the ON position? On my 98 its fine with a phone charger all the time as far as I know. But try putting it in the ACC or ON position and see what happens. If nothing, and if the fuses are fine, then pull off the dash part and see if its plugged in all the way or if wires are frayed, etc.

My lighter is switched, powered on with "on" or "acc", the power port is always on. Could be dirty inside or loose wire etc. It would be at or near the plug as I think the power port and lighter are on the same fuse.

My cigarette light only works when the ignition is in the on position, but the power outlet on the right doesn't work no matter where the key is, so maybe power isnt getting to it, i'll have to check if power is getting to it, and I don't have kids hahah

Stick your finger way down in there just to make sure....

Back