• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I love Brown people (UPS)

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
They are here........
CIMG4600.jpg

CIMG4599.jpg

CIMG4601.jpg

CIMG4598.jpg

Ok guys...Pics of those of you with these in the front.....how did you mount your resi's please.

tcm glx said:
Ok guys...Pics of those of you with these in the front.....how did you mount your resi's please.
ruggedjeep said:
.... use the clamps(or in your case buy the bling adapters) they come with and mount them to the shock body.
What he said.

Like this:
DSC01599.jpg

I have a different shock mount on the top and the resi could not be mounted without plumbing in a 90 deg fitting.
jeep3.jpg

tcm glx said:
They are here........
CIMG4600.jpg

CIMG4599.jpg

CIMG4601.jpg

CIMG4598.jpg

Tony... I really hate you:banghead:

J/k

I tried to copy Chris but didnt have the clearance to mount the shock, due to all custom axle end bracketry.

I ended up like this, I'm going to change it later.

shock2.jpg

It looks like it shouldnt clear, but it just barely does.

Cool!

I am anxious to hear if you like the Bilstein more or less than the shocks. You probably have to promote the Bilstein, but PM me the truth ....:gag:

tcm glx said:
Sweetl Are those JKS upper shock mounts? Also, what valving do you have?
Yep, the standard JKS ones, rotated 90deg, not special ones with the conical washers. I used the Bilstein spacers and a washer on one side. I had them valved at 255/70. I put a couple wraps of self-vulcanizing silicone tape on the hose to prevent the hose from rubbing on the inner fender.

Blazair said:
Yep, the standard JKS ones, rotated 90deg, not special ones with the conical washers. I used the Bilstein spacers and a washer on one side. I had them valved at 255/70. I put a couple wraps of self-vulcanizing silicone tape on the hose to prevent the hose from rubbing on the inner fender.

Cool, I actually picked up a set of those today.......so it should work well!

nice im so jealous i just picked up some 5125 at Kartek cus im too lazy to wait for shipping.... what travel are they?

Ryan93 said:
nice im so jealous i just picked up some 5125 at Kartek cus im too lazy to wait for shipping.... what travel are they?

12" front and 14" rear

Ryan93 said:

And as far as shipping goes, i placed the order Friday afternoon at 3 , they arrived Wednesday morning , valved and all!!

Where did you order them from, Tony?

I'm curious how much lift you have, and what your collapsed and extended shock lengths are front/rear. I plan to move up to a 5" lift here in a bit and I do plan to measure for shocks, I'm just curious what others have come up with, so I'll know if my measurements are reasonable.

Daedalus454 said:
Where did you order them from, Tony?

I'm curious how much lift you have, and what your collapsed and extended shock lengths are front/rear. I plan to move up to a 5" lift here in a bit and I do plan to measure for shocks, I'm just curious what others have come up with, so I'll know if my measurements are reasonable.

Running around 5" of lift...maybe 5.5 in the front

I went with :
Front: 12" Shortbodies, 28" ext, and 16" collapsed, valved 360/80
Rear: 14" regular bodies 35" ext and 21" collapsed, valved at 255/70

Back