• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny thunk

96XJ Country

NAXJA Forum User
After this last weekend with some light wheeling I'm starting to notice a thunk that seems to be coming right from under my console leading me to believe its the transmission or tc, also I notice a slight shake when I start it from the same area, without knowing much bout it, could it be a mount or something? I also dont know what it is thats sticking out in the pictures, I can spin it and even push or pull it, seems to appear broken on the end

I took these pictures to try and help explain...
SA400336.jpg

SA400339.jpg

SA400335.jpg

You could have thunk because the hanger not on the exhaust.

5.2poweredxj said:
You could have thunk because the hanger not on the exhaust.
X2 on the exhaust.

Also you have a rust hole in the floor board above your exhaust.

Grab the tailsaft of the transfer case and see if you get some movement out of the tranny mount.

thanks guys, I was real worried because It was a "feelable" thunk and felt pretty solid... but then last night when I tried to move things around [still hot] I couldnt get the tc or trans to move and then i thought even if I could I would have noticed some adverse affects other than that first

Back