• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please Help - Flex, 4x4, Rubbing issues

wadewells

NAXJA Forum User
so i finally finish the Jeep. Looks great, awesome stance, looks like it would be mean off road.

First the 4x4 -

The 4 wheel drive kicks in, the shifter works, the case makes the DS turn when its on, and stays stationary when off. So it looks and seems the 4x4 would be working. When I start wheeling, the front tires do not spin. As if they have no power behind them. I wheeled before I put the 4.5" and 33's on and I know for a fact it worked. Now, nothing.

The Flexing -

The setup is a stock 1990 XJ, Rusty's 4.5" Spring pack kit, 15x8, 33x12.5x15 TSL's

When I go up an incline, it gets to a certain point and its like hitting a brick wall. Im not talking about anything extreme, Im talking drain ditches and things my Camaro could make it out of. This thing barely flexes and then just stops. What the f.

The Shocks -

I go over a bump, the ass end hops up and makes a clunk. I can stand on the back bumper, put some weight on and its like the shocks are too short. Like the piston is hitting the top of the shock case. This is causing sever issues with street driving. The rear leafs feel super stiff as well.

Rubbing -

I know my tires are too big, im gonna bust out my plasma cutter this weekend and build my bumpers, sliders/subframe connectors, and rollbar. Are there any helpful guides out there for chopping stuff up. I love my cutter and im afraid if I start without any direction there wont be anything left. :)

Thanks for the help

_Wade

Back