• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saddleback Mountain

Ryan93

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone know what road you take to get to the top of Saddleback? i know there is a road i heard there is a gate that is only open every once and a while but wasnt a credible source in my book...

Actually, it's Silverado Canyon Road. A bunch of us NAXJAers went up there for the 4th of July to watch the fireworks last summer.

I tried to go up the corona side about a month ago and it was all closed off. I think it might be due to the fires last fall...

There's a couple of ways to get up there but as has been pointed out they are probably closed because of last years fires.

On the corona side was it closed or the gate just locked....I used to live in corona and went to the county and got a key for the gate..

Few ways to get up there

1)Take Ortega Higway to the top then take Long Canyon Road-6S05 to Main Divide Truck Trail-3S04
2)Siverado Canyon Road which turns into Maple Springs Drive-5S04 to Main Divide Truck Trail
3) From Corona you can take Skyline which use to have a gate but now has a housing track, not sure if there is a NEW gate or not

Best bet is to call the Trabuco District office (909) 736- 1811 and actually talk to someone, sometimes the recorded message is outdated.

I work with a guy that is the Holy Jim Volunteer Fire Chief and he said that many areas that were closed due to fire are now all open or were just being opened this week. Should be all clear....

1998xj1985 said:
no dice on the skyline route. the houses totally took over, only a foot path back there...

When was the last time that you were there?
I went up there a couple of times while the houses were being constructed and they had a vehicle route through the construction site to the road.

bout a month ago. that whole space is filled with homes now, and where you used to have to drive around is a private residence anymore. the only possible, and certainly illegal, way to get there is through the big ditch on the side there. not sure how you'd get out though...

Back