• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I broke my seat today

damm that sucks same thing happned to me. I tried to weld it back up but just ended up getting new seats and brackets in the end

Not sure....i have never seen the brackets on a newer model...

I "think" 97+ the belly is wider & 96 dwn will not work there Jimmy....You pull that Wankle yet? The baja is ich'n for a new motor & would be a good excuse to have me weld up your seat bracket too:D

crazyjim said:
Does it matter old seats or new?

Mine broke the same place about a month ago. I haven't fixed it yet. You will get used to it. haha

Hmmmm, I haven't heard of Billy or Skwerly breaking their seats???? haha

I have some ZJ brackets, not sure if they'll work for you.

Skwerly said:
If you wanna try and weld it quick bring it over, although new might be better lol.

Hey whatever works!!! I'll let you know for sure :D

hellbilly04 said:
I "think" 97+ the belly is wider & 96 dwn will not work there Jimmy....You pull that Wankle yet? The baja is ich'n for a new motor & would be a good excuse to have me weld up your seat bracket too:D

Indeed, it's been pulled, the blue/bling thing is sitting in the back of my jeep as we speak. And I might take you up on that seat welding offer... if not I'll hit up skwerly :p

silverslk said:
Mine broke the same place about a month ago. I haven't fixed it yet. You will get used to it. haha

Hmmmm, I haven't heard of Billy or Skwerly breaking their seats???? haha

Hahahaha, that's the problem, I don't WANT to get used to it lmao, it honestly feels like a rocking chair. And you don't hear of them breaking them because they weld them before anybody finds out :eyes:

well hell if everybody else is offerin i got plenty of JB Weld and nothing to do this sunday, come on down :D

Mine has been welded twice. The second time we went a little overboard and welded the heck out of it.....

The second weld has been holding for over a year now.

Back