• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why roll cages are so important

YEAH. That happened at MOAB a couple years ago. If you search, you will find (I think Andy Steiner's) a thread with more pics from after it happened and even pics of EMS carrying him off.

yea MJR and Andy were there to witness that roll. He had to be airlifted.

djblade311 said:
yea MJR and Andy were there to witness that roll. He had to be airlifted.
i was there and that dude just got a little to cocky wicj caused him to roll!

Andy said the guy had died. Then Mike said that no one had died during the 2006 EJS. So the answer is :dunno:

I do remember reading about this and looking at the pictures year ago. I thought "Damn I need a cage" and then I forgot about it. I said the same thing when Santa rolled. And then I forgot about it.

Why do you have to bring this up? I need* a cage! LOL Any recommendations?

* see below:
UH%20OH%202.jpg

I am very intrigued too, what does an XJ look like after is has been on its roof? (i know it is realtive to how far they have traveled while inverted)

Mr. Pickle said:
I am very intrigued too, what does an XJ look like after is has been on its roof? (i know it is realtive to how far they have traveled while inverted)

Here's mine after 2.5 rolls.

IMG_0082.jpg

Mr. Pickle said:

Not only how far, but what's ON the roof of the XJ, and what's on the ground you rollover onto. Rollong onto sand is different then rolling ontop of rocks. YMMV just about in every occasion I could think of.

My drivers corner got punched in, and the top was pushed in about half a foot in several places. Doesn't look too bad from a far and this pic. I think I was over a couple of times. But I dunno really. Sort of happens really quickly. I know it was at least one complete roll since I counted twice seeing the dirt packed against the glass on my passenger side door.

Rubber%20side%20down%201.jpg

If you want to see a scary rolled pic, this happened on basically a dirt road with a blown tire. His wife was driving with only his daughter. They came out fine (other then scratches).

Rolluf.jpg

rollru.jpg

bottom of here: http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/Specs.htm

Oh man those are crazy.

Johnny,
Sorry to see that, I hope you came out without a scratch. I have to ask, were you able to drive it off of the trail?

Well I guess at least a hoop is in order now....

Mr. Pickle said:
Oh man those are crazy.

Johnny,
Sorry to see that, I hope you came out without a scratch. I have to ask, were you able to drive it off of the trail?

Well I guess at least a hoop is in order now....

I believe he drove it all the way back to SoCal but I'll let him tell the story...

Thanks Layton. I did scratch my head a bit on the roof. And nosigma's wife was picking glass out my head for a while.

Guess you hadn't heard the story. I not only drove the Jeep off the trail, I drove it all the way home from Tahoe. The Polish MOB fabbed up a plexiglass windshield to make me "legal".

I get by with a little help from my friends.

Back