• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

olympic rock rear bumper

MasterShakeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
im thinking about buying a used olympic rock rear bumper w tire carrier from someone. does anyone here run this particular bumper? advantages? disadvantages? quality? also, im wondering about being able to see out of the back window. i like to be able to see out of it as this is my dd. i'll only be running a 31" dunlop mud rover with about half tread left on it as my spare.

I never liked the bumpers that don't match up with the hatch and rear quarter panels. I'm not sure that any rear tire carrier will let you see out the back window very well.

im not worried about it matching with the end caps. i dont have any now and i think it looks fine with a stock bumper. and i'll leave me hitch on. from the pics the guy sent me it looks as if theres a gap between the bottom of the lights and the rear hatch. but for the price i dont think id be too concerned about that.

I have one with the hd tire mount. no movement out of it and ive had mine 5 years. they recently did an upgrade and tied the bumper to the same mounts the tow hitch bolts to. It doesnt interfere with my uhaul tow hitch. The tire is places towards the driverside so you still get a decent amount of view angle compared to a center mounted spare.

Back