• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hockey Puck Source

menos

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of putting together a budget lift but was having a heck of a time finding any hockey pucks. I'm in Oklahoma so hockey isn't exactly a popular sport. I called every sporting goods store in the metro and came up blank. I figured I was going to be confined to ordering online, but on a whim I stopped by our local skating rink. It happens to be the practice facility of our minor league hockey team and the OU sooners ice hockey team. I figured they would know if there was any place local to buy them. When the lady figured out I didn't need them to be brand new, she offered to sell me 6 used ones for a buck. Apparently if they get scared up they are no longer any good for hockey cause they don't slide well.

Anyway if you are looking and having the same problem I was, give it a shot. I imagine most universities at least have an intermural team.

boomhauer said:
Where are you putting the pucks? For bumpstops on the coil spring perch? -B

Thats correct. I'm gonna drill em and bolt em to the perch.

I would have ordered them online or from ebay, but I needed them today. Plus I didn't need to pay any shipping or tax or anything like that. The ultimate cheapness.......

Since there are not many hockey pucks in Southern California, I make my own spacers.
Buy or borrow a plastic cutting block and use a 3" hole saw to chop out as many spacers as needed. Drill a 1/4" hole through the center and bolt them to the bottom of the spring cup.
Most cutting blocks are 3/8"-1/2" thick so it's easy to adjust you bump stops without over doing it. Cutting boards are cheaper than pucks, are a lot easier to find and are not affected by anything except very high heat.
I use plastic cutting boards for many things, spacers, and electrical boards and for rear bump-stop spacers.

www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=227300-39842-SCB78892LW&lpage=none

PM me I have about 6 or 8 pucks left over when I bought a box of them to do my stops. I just glued them in with liquid nails, no drilling.

LOL. Hockey pucks are a dime a dozen up here in Toronto. I can take my kids for a walk in the park and find at least 2!

6 for a $1 is a good deal for sure......

I bought mine online from Dicks Sporting Goods. I don't remember what I paid but if I bought them, they were cheap.D:

menos said:
I'm in the process of putting together a budget lift but was having a heck of a time finding any hockey pucks. I'm in Oklahoma so hockey isn't exactly a popular sport. I called every sporting goods store in the metro and came up blank. I figured I was going to be confined to ordering online, but on a whim I stopped by our local skating rink. It happens to be the practice facility of our minor league hockey team and the OU sooners ice hockey team. I figured they would know if there was any place local to buy them. When the lady figured out I didn't need them to be brand new, she offered to sell me 6 used ones for a buck. Apparently if they get scarred up they are no longer any good for hockey cause they don't slide well.

Anyway if you are looking and having the same problem I was, give it a shot. I imagine most universities at least have an intermural team.
LOL!

Something like that could only be stated by someone who knows jack$hit about hockey...

:D

I sure as hell don't :)

I don't think the lady who sold them to me knew anything about it either. I think she was just a volunteer (ie Mom of one of the kids practicing)

Back