• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE Install / Axle Shims

anotherskait

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 92 Xj on 31's with 3.5" lift. I'll be adding 1.5" budget boost, 33's, and a SYE in the next couple months and a question about the install.

This is a daily driver, and I'll be doing it in a friends garage, so I cant leave it there for more than the weekend.

I know that after the SYE is installed, I'll need to measure and shim the rear axle, and that it's different for every xj.. but what can I should I do while I'm waiting for the right shims to come in.

1) Leave it however it is and run it with some bad angles for a couple weeks until the right shims come in.

2) Order 4 different size shims so I'll have the right ones onhand during the install, and return the rest.

3) Run it without the rear drive shaft until the right shims come in

4) ???

Who's been in this spot before? What worked?

Thanks

Im running a 5.5 lift on mine with axle shims and no sye. the shims were in place when i bought it but i can say that i have a very bad angle on my tcase and i am running it fine. I do plan on adding the sye very soon but until then i will have to deal with the vibrations. its nothing worse than riding on old super swampers...

Back