• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick lift Q

k_kuch

NAXJA Forum User
If i were to throw on some coil spacers and and some lift shackles would i also need new shocks? Just need some extra clearance for some 30-31's. Both the shackles and the spacers would be 1.5-2". Oh and i dont do any serious flexing or anything, just the occasional snowbank and stuff. Thanks.

k_kuch said:
If i were to throw on some coil spacers and and some lift shackles would i also need new shocks? Just need some extra clearance for some 30-31's. Both the shackles and the spacers would be 1.5-2". Oh and i dont do any serious flexing or anything, just the occasional snowbank and stuff. Thanks.

The only thing about running stock shocks is that if you do decide to wheel your travel will be limited. Additionally the more you wheel the quicker your shocks will go due to the fact that they will be bottoming out excessivly.

Yup...
you'll be fine. 3 years on that set-up.
You will wipe out the rear springs with a shackle though.
3.jpg

heres good springs, the BB and 31's...
10.jpg

Spring swap, before & after shots......

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v455/drifto77/99 XJ/

BTW.....
Stock size Rancho 5000 shocks that I put on it about a year before the BB. Shocks are still fine.
Great set up for a DD that dont wheel much.

Last edited:
Back